On Thursday, November 24, 2022, the regular Autumn General Meeting of the Latvian Academy of Sciences (LAS) is scheduled to convene beginning from 2PM. Conferring of the LAS Grand Medal and the elections of the LAS new members are on the agenda of the meeting.
- Introduction by the LAS President Ivars Kalviņš.
- Awarding of the LAS Grand Medal to Year 2022 laureate Māra Grudule.
- Laudatio for LAS Grand Medal Year 2022 laureate Māra Grudule by academician Benedikts Kalnačs.
- “From Stenders’ soap to science”: academic lecture by Māra Grudule.
- Awarding of the LAS Grand Medal Year 2022 laureate Olafs Daugulis.
- Laudatio for LAS Grand Medal Year 2022 laureate Olafs Daugulis by academician Māris Turks.
- “New methods in Carbon-hydrogen bond functionalization": academic lecture by Olafs Daugulis.
- Announcement of the results of the LAS new members' elections.
See also: LAS full member Māra Grudule and foreign member Olafs Daugulis to be conferred LAS Grand Medal 2022 (16 March 2022).