||Professor Inara TURKA
Head of the Department of Plant Protection,
Faculty of Agriculture,
Latvia University of Agriculture
Liela iela 2
Jelgava, LV 3001
Phone: +371 30 21998
Fax: +371 30 27238
Born: March 12, 1942, Riga, Latvia
- Integrated Plant Protection
- Forecasting and Warning Systems for Plant Protection
- Potato Viruses, Diagnostic Methods and Seed Potato Testing
Languages: Latvian, English, Russian
- University of Latvia (Faculty of Biology), 1971
- Dr. biol. (Candidate of Science in former USSR, Ph.D. in
Western countries), Institute of Agriculture, Kharkov, Ukraine, 1980
- Dr.habil.agr., Latvia University of Agriculture, 1994
Latvia University of Agriculture :
- Junior Researcher, 1974-1980
- Senior Researcher, 1980-1986
- Associate Professor, 1986-1994
- Scholarship Holder, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, 1992
- Professor, Head of Department of Plant Protection , 1994 -
Honours and Awards:
- Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences Scholarship
- Silver Medal of the Republic of Latvia Ministry of Agriculture, 1998
Professional Activities and Memberships:
- Member, Society of the Latvian Entomologists, 1976-
- Member, Latvian State Registration Committee of Pesticides,
- Member, Latvian Seed Potato Growing Committee, 1994 -
- Member, Nordic Association of Agricultural
Scientists, 1997 -
Latvia University of Agriculture -
- Integrated Pest Management
- Biological Agriculture
- I.Turka. Seed potato quality in Latvia. - Proceedings of
the Latvia University of Agriculture, 1993, pp. 85-90 (in Latvian).
- I.Turka. Integrated Cabbage Growing in Latvia. -
Integrated Pest Management and Integrated Production in Field Vegetables. - 1995,
Lillehammer, pp. 163-165.
- I.Turka, R.Sigvald. Forecasting and Warning Systems for
Plant Protection in Latvia. - Environment and Sustainable Agriculture, 1995, pp.
- I.Turka. Insects-vectors of viruses in the potato
agrobiocenosis of Latvia. - Proceedings of the Latvia University of Agriculture, 1996,
pp. 25-31 (in Latvian).
- I.Turka. Using of Pesticides in Plant Protection, 1996,
Riga:Zvaigzne ABC, 127 pp. (in Latvian).
- I.Turka. Suction Trap catches of potato and cereal aphids in Latvia. - Proceedings of the Latvia University of Agriculture, 1997, pp. 50-61
(in Latvian; abstract - in English)
- I.Turka. The spread of potato viruses in Latvia. - The 10th EAPR Virology Section
Meeting, July 5-10, 1998, Baden (Austria), pp. 47-48.
- I.Turka. Forecasting and warning systems designed for plant protection in Latvia. - Proceedings of the Latvia University of Agriculture, 1999, vol.
295, pp. 45-48.
- I.Turka. Forecasting of the potato late blight during implementation of the Danish
decussion suport system in Latvia. - Proc. Int. Conf. " Development
of Environmentally Friendly Plant Protection in the Baltic Region", Tartu,
Estonia, September 28-29, 2000, pp. 211-213.
- I.Turka (Head of Project). Development of the Forecasting
Systems, Registration Methods and Critical Thresholds of Cereal, Potato, and Apple Tree
Pests and Diseases. Latvian Council of Science (1994-1996)
- I.Turka (Head of Latvian part of Project), R.Sigvard (Head
of Swedish part of Project). Forecasting and Warning Systems Designed for Plant Protection
in Latvia. Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences and Latvia University of
- I.Turka(Expert of the Section of Plant Protection, Latvia-Denmark Project). Good
Agricultural Pratice. Danish Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Fisheries, Danish
Advisory Service (1998-1999)
- I.Turka (Head of Project). Environmentally Safe and
Economically Sound Forecasting and Warning Systems Appropriate for the Agroecological
Conditions in Latvia. Latvian Council of Science (1997-2000).
- I.Turka (Co-ordinator of Latvia-Denmark Project). Development of a Decision Support
System for Integrated Pest management in Latvia. Danish Ministry of Food, Agriculture
and Fisheries, (1999-2001)
Last update 25.10.2001