||Professor Gundaris TETERS
Institute of Polymer Mechanics, University of Latvia
Aizkraukles iela 23
Riga, LV 1006
Phone: +371 7543307
Fax: + 371 782 0467
Born: August 21, 1928, Moscow, Russia
- Mechanics of Solids
- Mechanics of Composite Materials
- Structural Mechanics
- Civil Engineering Structures
Languages: Latvian, English, German, Russian, French
- University of Latvia (Faculty of Civil Engineering), 1953
- Dr.sc.ing. (Candidate of Science in former USSR, Ph.D. in Western countries), Tallinn
Polytechnical Institute, Estonia, 1961
- Dr.habil.sc.ing. (Doctor of Science in former USSR), Latvian Academy of Sciences, 1968
- Engineer and Researcher, Institute of Civil Engineering, Institute of Polymer Mechanics,
Latvian Academy of Sciences, 1953-1967
- Head of the Laboratory of Thin Walled Structures(1967-1997), Leading Researcher (1997 -
) , Institute of Polymer Mechanics, Latvian Academy of Sciences, 1967-1997
- Professor, Faculty of Civil Engineering, Riga Technical University, 1969 -
Honors and Awards:
- Full Member, Latvian Academy of Sciences, 1992
- The Latvian Academy of Sciences Fr.Cander Prize (in Mechanics), 1972 and 1981
- State Emeritus Scientist, 2000
Professional Activities and Memberships:
- Editorial Board for Mechanics of Composite Materials, 1970 -
- Member, Latvian National Committee of Mechanics, 1992
- Structural Mechanics, Riga Technical University, 1965 -
- Reinforced Concrete Structures, Riga Technical University, 1990 -
- A.Malmeisters, V.Tamush, G.Teters. The Strength of Rigid Polymer Materials, 1974, Ohio,
USA: Wright Patterson AFB, 500pp.
- A.Malmeisters, V.Tamush, G.Teters. Mechanik der Polymerwerkstoffe, 1977, Berlin:
Akademie-Verlag, 598 S. (in German)
- A.Lagzdinsh, V.Tamush, G.Teters and A.Kregers. Orientational Averaging in Mechanics of
Solids, 1992, UK: Longman, 236pp.
- G.Teters. Multi-objective optimum design of composites. - Proceedings of 2nd
Intern. Conf. "Strength of Materials and Structures", 1999, pp.217-222.
- G.Teters. Effect of couple-stresses on nonlinear deformation. - Proceedings of 6th
Intern. Conf. "Modern Building Materials and Structures", 1999, pp.82-87.
- G.Teters, A.Lagzdins, A.Zilaucs. Deformation of dispersely failing composites. - Mechanics
of Composite Materials, 1999, vol.35, Nr 5, pp.561-574
- G.Teters, A.Kregers. Optimization of a composite plate bulking under thermal action with
account of reliability. Mechanics of Composite Materials (N.Y.), 2000,
vol.36, No.6, pp.453-458.
- G.Teters. Creep stability of thin-walled composite structures. Mechanics of
Composite Materials (N.Y.), 2001, vol.37, No.5/6, pp.519-524
- Teters G. Reliability estimation of optimal viscoelastic composite
shells in critical-time calculations. Mechanics of Composite Materials,
2003, vol. 39, No. 6, pp. 553-558.
- Teters G. Multicriteria optimization of a composite cylindriclal shell subjected to
thermal and dynamic actions. Mechanics of Composite Materials, 2004, vol.
40, No. 6, pp. 489494.
G.Teters (Head of Project). Nonlinear Mechanics and Optimization of Composite Materials
and Structures. Latvian Council of Science (1991 - )
Last update 01.09.2005