||Professor Andris RUBINS
Head of the Chair of Dermatovenerology, University of Latvia
Raina Blvd. 19, Riga,
Mob.Ph.: .+371 29481725
Fax.: +371 67361615
President of Latvian Association of Dermatovenerologists
President of Baltic Association of Dermatovenerologists
President of Latvian Dermatovenerologcal fondation
President of CEEDVA
IUSTI-EUROPA Board member
EAAD Board member
UEMS Dermatovenerologys section representative from Latvia
Date and place of birth
November 19,1947, Sigulda, Latvia
- Immunopathogenesis and immune therapy of skin diseases (Psoriasis, Atopic Dermatitis,
- Approbation and introduction of new drugs in dermatology
- STD - Epidemiology, clinic and new methods in therapy.
Latvian - native, English, Russian - fluent
Education, professional training
- 1968 1974 Riga Medical Institute (MD Degree)
- 1974- 1975 Internship in skin and venerological diseases in Riga, Latvian State Hospital
of Skin and Venereal diseases
- 1976- 1981 doctor-dermatovenerologist at Riga dispensary of Skin and Venereal diseases
- 1981 Defence of thesis for a PhD degree in medicine in Moscow
- 1981- 1985 Head of research laboratory at Riga Medical Institute
- 1982- 1984 Assistant at the Department of Dermatovenerology at Riga Medical Institute
- 1984 1988 Assistant Professor at RMI Chair of Dermatovenerology
- 1987 Defence of theses Immunopathogenesis and Immune Therapy of
Psoriasis for a degree of Doctor of Medical Sciences in Moscow .
- 1988 - Doctor of Medical Sciences in Dermatovenerology; (since 2001 Dr.habil.med.
- 1988 Professor in Dermatovenerology, Latvian Medical Academy (LMA)
- 1991 - 2010 Professor, Head of the Chair of Dermatovenerology, Riga Stradins
- Since 2011 - Professor and Chairman of the Chair of Dermatovenerology, University
Current job, occupation
- Professor, Dermatovenerologist, University of Latvia, Chairman of the Chair of
Dermatovenerology , 2011
- President of Latvian Association of Dermatovenerologists, since 1988
- President of Baltic Association of Dermatovenerologists, since 1991
- Member of Association Board of Central East Europe Dermatovenerologists, since 1997
(President - since 2006)
- Member of the scientific editorial board of the journal Giorn.Internationale
Dermatologica Ped. (Italy) and the journal Sexually Transmitted Diseases
and Immunopathology, Allergology, Infectology, (Moscow,Russia)
- Member of EADV (European Academy of Dermatovenerologists), since 1991
- Member of New York Academy of Sciences , since 1993
- Member of American Academy of Dermatovenerology, since 1998
- Member of the Board, International Union Against Sexually Transmitted Infections-
Europe, since 1997
Professional certificate - Dermatovenerology (1975)
Author of more than 200 research publications, 6 inventions and patents, 7 monographs.
Honours and Awards
- Corresponding Member of Finnish Society of Dermatologists, from 18.02.2000
- Honorary Member of Rumania Society of Dermatologists, since 2002
- Bronze Award of the Netherlands Society of Dermatovenerologists for the presentation at
8th EADV Congress in Amsterdam, 1998
- IUSTI Europe Medal of Merit, 2011
Guest lecturer to deliver lectures on:
Psoriasis, immunopathogenesis and immune therapy.
Immunopathogenesis and the latest developments in the therapy of skin diseases.
Dermatovenerology in Latvia: advances and perspectives.
STD and Syphilis.
Visiting Professor at 10 universities in USA , 5
universities in Germany, 5 universties in Japan; 2 universities in Taiwan. universities in
Italy, Russia, Estonia and Lithuania.
Presentations at many EADV, International and World Congresses
including Buenos Aires, Argentina (2007), and Seoul , Korea (2011), Japan (2009), Russia
(2009, 2011, 2012), 18th Chinese Congress, Bejing (2012), AAD Meeting (2012), Odessa,
Ukraine (2013), Hong Kong (2013) et al.
Since 1992 more than 20 research projects in Dermatovenerology..
Since 1992 - more than 18 research projects in
Monographs in Dermatology
- Illustrated Manual in Dermatovenerology ( Rubins A., Gutmane R., Siegel D.), Riga, 1996,
268 pp. (in Latvian).
- Illustrated Handbook in Dermatovenerology ( Rubins A., Gutmane R., Siegel D.), Riga,
1997, 292 pp. (in Russian).
- Textbook "Skin Diseases and Their Therapy "(A.Rubins, R.Gutmane, S.Reitamo et
al.; A.Rubins -Ed.), LDF: Riga, 2002, 347 pp..
- Sexually Transmisive Diseases ( A.Rubins -Ed.), LDF: Riga, 2001, 214 pp.
- Textbook "Dermatovenerology" ( A.Rubins - Ed.), LDF: Riga, 2010, 436 pp. (in
- Textbook "Dermatovenerology" ( A.Rubins ), Panfilov Publishing house: Moscow,
2011, 347 pp. (in Russian).
International Congresses and Conferences
47, chairing - 19 sessions
President - 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th,
7th, 8th Baltic Congresses of Dermatovenerology
President - 26th IUSTI-EUROPE Congress
2011; September 8-10, Riga (Latvia)
President - 21st EADV Congress
2012, September 27-30, Prague.
Supervision of Doctoral Students
4 Theses for the degree of MD have been
defended under my guidance, 2 theses are to be defended, 2 currently being supervised.
Sports (table tennis, swimming, football,
Collecting works of famous Latvian painters
Last update 20.09.2013