||Professor Emilija GUDRINIECE
Faculty of Materials Science and Applied Chemistry,
Riga Technical University,
Azenes iela 14/24
Riga, LV 1048
Phone: + 371 7 089271
Fax: + 371 7 615765
Born: August 3, 1920, Rezekne district, Latvia
Departed: October 4, 2004, Riga, Latvia
- Theoretical and Synthetic Organic Chemistry
- Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds
- Rape Oil Technology
- Various N-, O-, S-heterocyclic compounds on basis of
1,3-dicarbonyl compounds have been synthesised and investigated. Many of them have
indicated biological activity. Over 600 publications on theoretical and synthetic research
in chemistry of heterocyclic and 1,3-dicarbonyl compounds have been published.
- Multinuclear (1H, 13C, 14N,
17O), IS, UV, X-ray of 1,3-di-, 2-acyl-, 2-aminomethylen-1,3-diketones,
stabilised with the intermolecular hydrogen bond have been investigated.
- Recent scientific work has been connected with
investigation of rape oil and other lipids, development and testing of physical and
chemical techniques for separation and refining of rape oil in Latvia.
- Early studies have been concerned with the condensation of
nucleophilic CH-acid compounds, like malononitrile, with 1,3-indandione and
1,3-cyclohexanediones in the presence of basis.
- Future plans involve investigation of new synthetic methods
and properties of oxazolono[5,4-b]- and imidazo[1,2-a] pyridines;
investigation of oilseed cultivated in Latvia.
Languages: Latvian, Russian, English, German
- University of Latvia (Faculty of Chemistry), 1949
- Dr.chem. (Candidate of Science in former USSR, Ph.D. in
Western countries), University of Latvia, 1952
- Dr.habil.chem. (Doctor of Science in former USSR),
Institute of Element Organic Chemistry, Moscow, Russia, 1960
- Associate Professor, Faculty of Chemistry, University of
Latvia, 1952-1958; Faculty of Chemical Technology, Riga Technical University, 1959-1960
- Professor, Riga Technical University, since 1961
- Head of Department of Organic Synthesis and Biotechnology,
Riga Technical University, 1963-1989
- Prorector for Research, Riga Technical University,
Honours and Awards:
- Corresponding Member, Latvian Academy of Sciences, 1963
- Full Member, Latvian Academy of
- The Latvian Academy of Sciences Gustavs Vanags Prize (in
- State Emeritus Scientist, 1996
- Professor Emeritus, Riga Technical University,
- The Pauls Valdens Medal, Riga Technical
Professional Activities and Memberships:
- President , Latvian Association of University Women, 1992
- Chair, the Latvian Academy of Sciences Gustavs Vanags Prize
(in Chemistry) Committee, 1993-
- Member of Editorial Board for Latvian Journal of
Chemistry, 1961 -
- Member of Habilitation Council (Chemistry), Riga Technical
University, 1991 -
- Member, Latvian Chemical Society
- Member , Association of Latvian Scientists
- Member, Association of Latvian Professors
- Member, Riga Latvian Society
University of Latvia, 1949-1958, Riga Technical
- Methods of Organic Synthesis
- Organic Chemistry
- Synthesis of Heterocyclic Compounds
- Fat and Oil Chemistry
- E.Gudriniece, A.Strakov, I.Strakova. Syntheses of
heterocyclic compounds on basis 1,3-cyclohexanediones. - Chemistry of Heterocyclic
Compounds (Khim. Geterotsikl. Soed.), 1988, N 6, pp. 723-738 (in Russian).
- E.Gudriniece, S.Belyakov, M.Jure. Structure of
3-aminocarbonyl-2-(N-benzylamino)-6-phenyl-4-trifluoromethylpyridine. - Acta
Crystallogr., 1991,vol. 47, pp. 344-345.
- E.Gudriniece, A.Karklina, I.Plukse. 2-Buten-4-olide from
compounds of 3-formylacrylic acid. - Zhurn. Org. Khim., 1983,vol. 19, pp. 2461-2462 (in
- E.Gudriniece, E.Palitis, V.Barkane. Heterocyclic compounds
on diketone basis. XXXII. Synthesis of thieno[2,3-d]pyrimidones on basis of
2-amino-3-cyanothiophenes. - Latvian Journal of Chemistry, 1992, 356-360 (in
- E.Gudriniece, I.Dambeniece, A.Karklina, M.Petrova.
Butenolides. 19. Reactions of 4-ureido-2-buten-4-olides with amines. - Latvian Journal
of Chemistry, 1993, pp. 338-343 (in Russian).
- D.Shantare, M.Yure, S.Belyakov, M.Petrova, E.Gudriniece.
2-Oxooxazolopyridines. 1. Synthesis of alkyl-N-(2-oxo-3-pyridyl)carbamates. - Chemistry
of Heterocyclic Compounds (Khim. Geterotsikl. Soed.), 1997, N 2, pp. 241-249 (in
- E.Suloeva, M.Jure, E.Gudriniece. Synthesis of
2,3-dihydroimidazo[1,2-a]pyridines and their salts (Review). - Chem. Heterocycl.
Comp., 1999, N 10, p. 1299.
- E.Suloeva, M.Jure, E.Gudriniece. Properties of
2,3-dihydroimidazo[1,2-a]pyridines (Review).- Chem. Heterocycl. Comp.(Khim.
Geterotsikl. Soed.), 2000, N 8, p. 1011-1027.
- E.Gudriniece, R.Serzane, M.Strele. Investigations of Oils
and Fats. - RTU, Material Science and Applied Chem., 2000, N1, p.92.
- D. R. Zicane, I. T. Ravina. Z. F. Tetere, I. A. Rijkure, E. J.
Gudriniece, U. O. Kalejs. Exotic amino acids. 4. Synthesis of methyl esters of some
N-heteroaminomethylenemalonic acids. - Chem.Heterocycl. Comp., 2000, N6, pp.
- E.Gudriniece, V.Starmkale, R.Serzane, M.Strele, R.Leitens.
Investigations of oils from plants growing in Latvia. - Proc. Scientific Conf 'Organic
Chemistry', Kaunas Lithuania, Technologia (Kaunas), 2001, pp.50.
- E. Suloeva, M. Yure, E. Gudriniece, M. Petrova, A. Gutcait. Synthesis of
2,3-dihydroimidazo[1,2-a]pyrimidines on 1,3-diketone basis. - Chem.Heterocycl. Comp.,
2001, N 7, pp. 947-951
- E. Suloyeva, M. Jure, E. Gudriniece, S. Belyakov, M. Petrova, I. Kalnite.
Synthesis of 2,3-dihydro-7-trifluoromethyl-5-phenylimidazo[1,2-a]pyridines. - Chem.Heterocycl.
Comp., 2001, N3, pp. 358
- Z. Tetere, D. Zicane, I. Ravina, M. V. Petrova, E. Gudriniece, U. Kalejs. Synthesis of
1-(1-carboxy)-2-R-4-methyl- 4-cyclohexenyl)carbonyl- and
1-(2-R-4-methyl-4-cyclohexenyl)carbonyl-3,5-dimethyl(diphenyl)pyrazoles. - Chem. Heterocycl. Comp. , 2002, N 68, pp. 771-
- J. Suloeva, M. Jure, E. Gudriniece, M. V. Petrova, A. Kemme. Properties of
8-cyano-2,3-dihydro-5-phenyl-7- trifluoromethylimidazo[1,2-a]pyridines - Chem. Heterocycl. Comp. , 2002, N 68,
- I.Ravina, D. Zicane, M. Petrova, E. Gudriniece, U. Kalejs. Exotic amino
acids. 6. Synthesis of substituted 4-oxo-4H-pyrido[1,2-a]pyrimidines. - Chem.Heterocycl.
Comp., 2002, N 7, pp. 945
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Fine Chemical Industry
- Fat and Oil Industry
- E.Gudriniece (Head of Project). Biologically Active
Compounds in the Range of Carbocycles and Heterocycles. Latvian Council of Science
- E.Gudriniece (Head of Project). Investigation of Oils from
Latvian-Grown Plants of the Mustard Family. Latvian Council of Science (1991-1993).
- E.Gudriniece (Head of Project). Synthesis and Properties of
3-Amino-2(1H)-pyridone and Oxazolo/5,4-a/-pyridine. Latvian Council of Science
- E.Gudriniece (Head of Project). Investigations of
Cruciferous Oilseed Cultivated in Latvia. Latvian Council of Science (1994-2000).
- E.Gudriniece (Head of Project). Investigations of
Perspective Plant Culture (Crop) Oils in Latvia. Latvian Council of Science
- E.Gudriniece (Head of Project). - Agreement of
Cooperation in the field of Biodiesel and Biolubricants Production and Quality Research
between University of Agriculture (Lithuania) and Riga Technical University.
(2000 - ).
Last update 21.11.2002