Born: December 29, 1964, Riga, Latvia
- Signal theory and analysis
- Advanced Digital signal processing
- Signal dependent and non-uniform A/D conversion and processing techniques
- Time-frequency analysis of non-stationary signals,
- Development of smart sensors and embedded systems
- Application of signal processing methods in biometrics, sensor networks, software
defined radio, ultra-wideband, brain computer interface etc. systems
Languages: Latvian, English, Russian
- University of Latvia, Faculty Mathematics and of Physics, Department of
- Postgraduate studies, Latvian Academy of Science, 1990-1991
- Postgraduate studies, Institute of Electronics and Computer Science, 1995-1998
- Dr.sc.comp.University of Latvia, 2000. Thesis Reconstruction of non-uniformly
- Director, Institute of Electronics and Computer Science,2007
- Senior Researcher, Institute of Electronics and Computer
- Researcher, Institute of Electronics and Computer Science,
- Assistant Researcher, Institute of Electronics and Computer
- Engineer, Institute of Electronics and Computer Science,
- Researcher, Signal processing institute, Ltd,1991-2005
- Engineer, Institute of Solid State Physics, University of Latvia, 1989-1990
- Engineer, University of Latvia,1988-1989
Honours and Awards
- European IT Prize for the development of "DASP-Lab System Digital Analyser of radio
frequency Signals in time, frequency and modulation domains" (co-author), 1997
Professional Activities and Memberships:
- Corresponding Member, Latvian Academy of Sciences, 2011
- Expert of the Latvian Council of Science
- Expert from Latvia in COST (European Co-operation in the field of Scientific and
Technical Research) ICT domain
- Lead delegate from Latvia in EU JTI ARTEMIS Public Authorities Board
- Member of the Promotion Council in Electronic and Telecommunications at Riga technical university
- Member of Editors board of scientific journal Automatic Control and Computer
- Professional member of IEEE (the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers)
- Member of Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Member of European Association for Signal Processing (EURASIP)
- M. Greitans, Spectral analysis based on signal dependent transformation.
Proc. of the 2005 International Workshop on Spectral Methods and Multirate Signal.
Processing, TICSP Series, Nr.30, Tampere, Finland, Jun. 2005, pp. 179-184.
- M. Greitans, I.Homjakovs, Enhanced Digital Signal Processing of Signal-dependently
Sampled Data. Electronics and Electrical Engineering. Kaunas: Technologija
, Vol. 68, No. 4, 2006, pp.9-14.
- M.Greitans, R.Shavelis, Speech sampling by level-crossing and its reconstruction using
spline-based filtering. 14th International Conference IWSSIP
2007, Maribor, Slovenia, June 2007, pp. 292-295.
- M.Greitans,Time-Frequency Representation Based Chirp-Like Signal Analysis Using Multiple
Level Crossings. Proc. Of the European Signal Processing Conference
EUSIPCO 2007, Poznan, Poland, September 3-7, 2007, pp. 2254-2258.
- R. Fuksis, M.Greitans, E. Hermanis, Motion Analysis and Remote Control System using
Pyroelectric Infrared Sensors. Electronics and Electrical Engineering.
Kaunas: Technologija, Vol. 86, No. 6, 2008, pp.69-72.
- Modris Greitans, Evalds Hermanis, "Three-phase" Representation of Harmonic
Signals for Application to Non-contact Diagnostics of Electric Power Transmission
Lines. Proceedings of the International Symposium ELMAR-2008, Zadar,
Croatia, Sep. 2008, pp.427-430.
- Aldis Baums, Uldis Grunde, Modris Greitans, Level-crossing sampling using microprocessor
based system. Proceedings of the International Conference on Signals
and Electronic Systems ICSES08, Krakow, Poland, Sep. 2008, pp. 19-22.
- I. Homjakovs, M. Greitans, R. Shavelis, Real Time Acquisition of Wideband Signals Data
Using Non-Uniform Sampling. Proceedings of the IEEE Region 8 Conference EUROCON
2009. SaintPetersburg, Russia, May, 2009., pp. 1158-1163.
- M. Greitans, M. Pudzs, R. Fuksis, Object Analysis in Images Using Complex 2d Matched
Filters. Proceedings of the IEEE Region 8 Conference EUROCON 2009.
SaintPetersburg, Russia, May, 2009., pp. 1392-1397.
- M.Greitans, R. Shavelis. Signal-Dependent Techniques for Non-Stationary Signal Sampling
and Reconstruction. 17th European Signal Processing
Conference EUSIPCO 2009. Glasgow, Scotland. Aug., 2009., pp. 2613-2617.
- R.Fuksis, M.Greitans, O.Nikisins, M.Pudzs, Infrared Imaging System for Analysis of Blood
Vessel Structure&. Electronics and Electrical Engineering.- Kaunas: Technologija,2010.g.
No. 1 (97), pp. 45-48.
- Modris Greitans, Rolands Shavelis, Reconstruction of sequences of arbitrary-shaped
pulses from its low-pass or band-pass approximations using spectrum extrapolation&.
Proceedings of the 18th European Signal Processing Conference EUSIPCO 2010, Aalborg,
Denmark, Aug., 2010, pp. 1607-1611.
- M.Greitans, M. Pudzs, R. Fuksis. 148;Palm Vein Biometrics Based on Infrared Imaging and
Complex Matched Filtering. The 12th ACM Multimedia and Security Workshop
MM&Sec, Rome, Italy, 9-10, September 2010.g. pp. 101-106.
- Modris Greitans, Evalds Hermanis, Gatis Supols. Analytic Model and Bilateral
Approximation for Clocked Comparator. 7th IEEE International
Conference on Signals and Electronic Systems - ICSES 2010, Glivice, Polija, 7-10.
September 2010.g. pp.185-188.
- M. Greitans, V. N. Aristov, and E. Hermanis, A Pulse, Shaper with a Picosecond Leading
Edge on Avalanche Transit-Time Diode. Automatic Control and Computer
Science, Vol.44, Nr.5, 2010, pp. 260-265.
- M.Greitans, V.N. Aristov, E.Hermanis, Study of UltraWideband Pulse Shapers.
Automatic Control and Computer Sciences, 2010, Vol. 44, No. 6, pp. 331337.
- M.Pudzs, M.Greitans, R.Fuksis, Generalized Complex 2D Matched Filtering for Local
Regular Line-Like Feature Detection". 19th European Signal
Processing Conference (EUSIPCO 2011), Barcelona, Spain, August 29 - September 2,
- M.Pudzs, M.Greitans, R.Fuksis, Complex 2D Matched Filtering Without Halo Artifact.
18th International Conference on Systems, Signals and Image Processing, IWSSIP 2011,
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, June 16-18, 2011, pp. 109-112.
- Severdaks, G. Supols, M. Greitans, L. Selavo, Wireless Sensor Network for Distributed
Measurement of Electrical Field. Electronics and Electrical Engineering. Kaunas: Technologija,
2011. No. 1(107). pp. 710.
- O. Nikisins, M. Greitans, A mini-batch discriminative feature weighting algorithm for
LBP-based face recognition. Proceedings of IEEE International
Conference on Imaging Systems and Techniques (IST2012), July 2012, pp. 170-175.
- N. Agafonovs, G. Strazdins, M.Greitans, Accessible, Customizable, High-Performance IEEE
802.11p Vehicular Communication Solution. In Proc. of International
Workshop on Vehicular Communications and Applications (VCA 2012), Aiya Napa, Cyprus,
pp. 127-132, June 19, 2012.
- O. Nikisins, M. Greitans, Reduced complexity automatic face recognition algorithm based
on local binary patterns. Proceedings of 19th International Conference
on Systems, Signals and Image Processing (IWSSIP 2012), April 2012, pp. 447-450.
- Participation in 5 scientific research projects (leader of 2 projects) financed by the Latvian Council of Science , (1991- )
- Participation in 4 market-oriented research projects financed by the Ministry of Education and Science.
- Leader of State research program projects Research and development of original
signal processing approaches to originate competitive information technologies
(2005-2009) and Innovative signal processing technologies for smart and effective
electronic system development (2010 )
- Participation in 11 international research projects (1993 )
- Participation in 3 research projects (leader of 2 projects) co-financed by European
structural funds and Latvian government ( 2006 )
Last update 10.08.2012