||Professor Yuri Dekhtyar (Jurijs Dehtjars)
Director, Institute of Biomedical Engineering and Microtechnologies
Riga Technical University
Kalku iela 1
Phone: + 371 7089383, +371 7089422
Fax: +371 7089383
Born: June 19, 1947, Riga, Latvia
- Solid State Physics: Investigations of imperfections in
solid states/semiconductors, thin films and boundaries between them and a wafer.
- Electron Spectroscopy: Photoelectron and Exoelectron
Spectroscopy; Development of Exoelectron Spectrometers.
- Biophysics: Electron Properties of Bio Tissues (bone,
Languages: English, Latvian, Russian
Education, skill improvement:
- Riga Technical University (Faculty of Automation), cum
- Dr. phys. (Candidate of Science in former USSR, Ph.D. in
Western countries), Ural Polytechnic Institute, Ekaterinburg, Russia, 1982
- Dr. habil. phys. (Doctor of Science in former USSR),
University of Latvia, 1992
- Designer, Design bureau, Riga, Latvia, 1965-1966, 1971-1973
- Junior Researcher, Group Manager, Chief Researcher ,
Associate Professor, Riga Technical University (RTU), Department of Microelectronics, 1973
- Professor, RTU, 1993 -
- Director, Institute of Electrotechnic and Electronic
Materials and Technologies, RTU, 1994-2000
- Director, Institute of Biomedical Engineering and
Microtechnologies, 2000 -
Honours and Awards:
Professional Activities and Memberships:
- Expert, Promotion Council at RTU
- Member, Council of Institute of Electrotecnic and
Electronic Materials and Technologies, Riga Technical University
- Expert, University of Latvia, Professor (in physics)
- Expert, Medical Physics/Engineering European Network
- Member, Editorial Board of Physica Medica journal (ISSN
- Member, New York Academy of Sciences (USA)
- Member, Materials Research Society (USA)
- Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers
- Representative of the Riga Technical University at the
European Scientific Institute, France.
- Member, Association of Latvian Scientists
- Member, Association of Latvian Physicists (member of the
European Physical Society)
- President, Latvian Medical Engineering and Physics Society
- Member, European Society of Radiation Therapy and Oncology
On Exoelectron Spectroscopy Achievements:
- Technical University of Wroclaw, Poland (1992)
- 14-th (1991), 15-th (1993), 16-th (1995) and 17-th (1996)
Karpacz seminars on the Exoelectron Emission (Poland)
- 11-th Int. Symp. on Exoelectron Emission, 1994
- 10-th Conference of the Polish Society of Medical
- Chugoku National Industrial Research Institute, Japan, 1995
- Martin Luter University, Germany, 1999
- Florence University, Italy, 2000
at Riga Technical University:
- Physical Analysis of a Solid State Surface
- Physical and Mathematical Simulations
- Physics and Chemistry of a Surface
- Up-to-date Materials and Methods for Microelectronics
- Manufacturing of Equipment Used for Producion Semiconductor
- Microelectronics Technology
- Introduction to Medical Physics
- Physics of Radiation Therapy
- Physical Methods of Treatment and Diagnostics.
Recent Main Publications:
- Exoelectron analysis of amorphous silicon. (With
Vinyarskaya Yu.A.) Journal of Applied Physics, 1994, 75(8), pp.4201-4207.
- Electron and mechanical properties of bone during heating,
evaluated by exoelectron emission and ultrasound. (With Gamza A., A.Tatarinov, H.Janson) Biomaterials,
1995, 16(11), pp.861-863
- Structural imperfections in amorphous e-beam deposited and
ion-beam-mixed Cu-Zr films tested by exoelectron emission. (With Katashev A., Kovalevsky
A., Karpe N) Journal of Applied Physics, 1996, 79(2), pp.1078-1081
- Failure and relaxations of carbon fibre-reinforced plastic
tested by exoemission and luminescence methods. (With Arnautov A., Kawaguchi Y.) Int.
J. Adhesion and Adhesives, 1997, V.17, N1, pp.75-78.
- Joint Baltic biomedical engineering and physics courses.
(With H.Hinrikus, A.Katashevs, et.al.). - Medical and Biological Engineering and
Computing, 1999, vol. 37, Suppl. 1, pp. 144-145.
- Bone material as ultraviolet dosimeter (with T.Bogucharska, A.Katashevs, A.Pavlenko,
et.al). - In: Taikomoji Fizika, Kaunas, Tehnologija, 2000, pp.79-82
- Dekhtyar Yu. Exoemission spectroscopy on micro- and nano- technologies with possible
medical applications.- Journal of the University of Applied Sciences Mittweida.
(Germany), Scientific Reports. 2002, N 11, pp.15-18.
- Rosenman G., Naich M., Molotskii M., Dekhtyar Yu., Noskov V. Exoelectron emission
spectroscopy of silicon nitride thin films. Applied Physics Letters, 2002,
V. 80, N 15, 2743-2745.
- Ultraviolet induced spectrally depended exoemission of bone material (with T.
Bogucharska). Journal of the University of Applied Sciences Mittweida, 2003,
- Microstructural and electrical characteristics of several centuries bones (with V.
Zemite, H.-J. Hein, V. Noscov, J. Vetra, G. Sagalovics, R. Zanovskis). Biomedical
Engineering, Kaunas. 2003, pp.23-27.
- The influence of X-ray radiation on the mineral/organic matrix interaction of bone
tissue: an FT-IQ microscopic investigation (with W.Hubner, A.Blume, R.Pushnjakova, H.-J.
Hein). International Journal of Artificial Organs, 2005, vol.28, No 1,
- Natively charged hydroxyapatite nanoparticles for implants (with V.Bystrov, A.Karlov,
A.Katashev,et.al). - J.Biomechanics, 2006, vol. 39, Suppl 1, p. S592.
- Anthropometrical approach to estimate a human body volume (with A.gerina-Berzina,
G.Diksite, J.Vetra). - J.Biomechanics, 2006, vol. 39, Suppl 1, p. S645.
- (Principal Investigator). Photothermoinduced
Transformations of Electron and Mechanical - Acoustical Properties of Bone Tissue. LB
1000. International Science Foundation (ISF), (1994).
- (Scientist in Charge). Assessment of Quality of Bone in
Osteoporosis, PECO, PL93-1114, European Community (1994)
- (Head of Project). Double Photothermostimulated Electron
Spectroscopy of a Surface. Latvian Council of Science (1993-1994).
- (Head of Project). Photothermostimulated Electron Emission
from Materials with an Energy Gap. Latvian Council of Science (1995-1996).
- (Head of Project). Optically Stimulated Electron
Transitions on Bone Tissue Characterization. Latvian Council of Science (2001
- (Head of Project). Age-Depended
Structural and Electronic Properties of Bone . Latvian
Council of Science (2001 -2003).
- (Head of Project). Informativity of Exoemission Analysis on Paleopathological Changes of
Bones Belonging to Different Centuries. Latvian Council of Science (2004 -).
- (Head of Project). Electronic Properties of Hydroxylapatite Nanoparticles Ensemble. Latvian
Council of Science (2005 -).
- (Co-ordinator). Multifunctional Percolated Nanostructured Ceramics Fabricated from
Hydroxyapatite. EC Prpject NMP3-CT-2003-504937 (2004-2006).
- (Co-ordinator). Ferroelecricity on the Molecular Level. INTAS Project INTAS Ref.Nr.
Last update 20.11.2006